- Graphic Chemical - Many ingredients for putty here at reasonable prices: chalk, calcium carbonate, burnt plate oil.
- Groves Mediums and Varnishes - Quality varnishes manufactured by painter James C Groves. A generous course in one possible aspect of older technique.
- Kremer Pigments - This is a link to their American catalog online. Greatly expanded and much easier to deal with now that Kremer has re-taken control of their N.A. operation from Sinopia.
- Micheal Harding - New website of English colourman Micheal Harding, featuring a Resources & Advice page.
- Utrecht - Excellent value in basic fine art supplies, fast shipping.
- Allback Swedish Linseed Oil - High quality organic cold pressed linseed oil from Sweden at a reasonable price. The raw oil must be refined.
- The Italian Art Store - A small and speedy operation with higher quality commercial materials. Good for East Coast folks.
- Blue Ridge Oil Paints - Quality paint by Eric Silver in the Doak tradition.
- Kama Pigments - Artist owned company in Montreal making oil paint, oil sticks, and water based dispersions. A large selection of pigments and materials, including a lovely genuine vermilion.
- RGH Pigments - High quality general selection of pigments at very good prices.
- Natural Pigments - Well done site featuring Rublev pigments, an extensive selection of painting related materials, and a great deal of technical information.
- Allback Oil in France - Online store selling the Allback products in France.
- Jenny Kyng Tech Blog - A practical selection of technical articles about painting with commentary by Tasmanian painter Jenny Kyng.
- Northern Light Studios - Lots of Rembrandt information and lots of older painting information, bibliographies and links in the Resources section.
- Jonathon Linton White Test - Very interesting yellowing test of a variety of commercial whites. Some big surprises!
- A v Hilten - The blog of Dutch painter Auk van Hilten contains lots of interesting technical work with the materials and paintings featuring painterly paint.
- Handprint - A very complete guide to pigments. Designed for watercolour, but also useful for oil painters.
- Museo Morandi - The hometown museum of Morandi, ironically elegant given his quiet lifestyle and strained relationship with the artworld of Bologna.
- ARTINFO - A tremendous site to search for images of lesser known painters. Huge database of auction sales, often with images.
- Artinconnu - An amazing high quality site devoted the work of lesser known painters.
- Chadwick and Spector - This is a little hard to describe but something very interesting is going on here.
- Ran Ortner - Ran Ortner paints enveloping oceanscapes in many moods.
- Ariel Gulluni - Elegant classical figurative work and a thoughtful process.
- Laraine Armenti - A great deal of visual oomph in this work, as well as a marvelous process.
- Julio Reyes - Very high quality work by young California realist Julio Reyes, who's working with the putty/silica gel system. Really unusual for work this realistic to also have this much soul, great to see.
- Eric Alley - Online abode of Montana painter Eric Alley, Old Master realism deftly balanced with an unpredictable modern element.
- Allison Beckwith Cooke - This work features a positivist, syncretic blend of classical and present idioms with an always welcome emphasis on materials and process.
- Shaun Day - Closely observed realism with a bracing Nordic minimalism and quality commentary by expatriot American Shaun Day, now living in Denmark.
- Candice Bohannon - Very interesting mix of evolved realistic styles here with an unusual sincerity and emphasis on the heart.
- Jack Baumgartner - Online abode of a dedicated and multi-talented painter and craftsperson with a genuine older sensibility.
- Bev Byrnes - Fascinating mixture of painting process, philosophy, and the art of tea.